County to Host Second Round of Retail Rental Assistance Webinars
The county will host two webinars next week to provide information on the second round of the Small Business Rental Assistance Grant Programofficials announced.
The $2 million program, funded by money from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 provided by the federal government, is for retail service businesses that meet certain criteria:
- Has its physical location(s) solely in the county, or its county-based locations represent more than 50% of the company’s total number of employees or 50% of the company’s gross sales
- Received $500,000 or less in annual income before the COVID-19 health crisis
- Is classified as a retail or service business, but is not a restaurant or food service business, medical practice, professional services business, religious organization, or licensed child care program
- Has a commercial lease in the department, and
- Can demonstrate a loss of income due to the health crisis.
The application period for the program will be open from September 1 to September 30. It can provide a subsidy of up to three months’ rent based on a current lease, or up to $10,000, whichever is less.
“Our retail businesses have been hit hard by the pandemic,” County Executive Marc Elrich said. in a press release. “We are fortunate to be able to access this federal funding to provide support to these businesses that employ 12% of our county’s workforce. I encourage all eligible retail service establishments in the county to apply for this new round of grants. »
The program will be administered by the Latino Economic Development Center on behalf of the county, but the funds are available to all eligible businesses, including those operated by Asian Americans, African Americans, Blacks, Latinos, and women. others, officials said.
Retail service establishments that received the assistance in 2021 in the first round of funding will not be eligible to receive further funding starting in the second round of the program.
Montgomery County Chart
We’re expanding our coverage and we need your help. Click here for more information.