Here is a list of restaurants, laundromats and other businesses for sale in Alexandria | ALX now
Ready to go into business?
The latest ads on BizBuySell show businesses for sale in and around Alexandria. Many are restaurants, which have been severely affected by the pandemic.
The website has many listings of business sales. Names and locations are usually omitted, but there are exceptions.
The reasons for the sale, when provided, usually do not mention economic hardship, but more often involve the owner retiring or not having time to actively run the business.
Here are the ones that are currently listed:
- Beautiful modern laundromat for sale – “Beautiful modern laundromat in a great location!” 21st century laundry room with card system, custom folding tables, modern design, with energy efficient machines. The location is approximately 4000 SF located close to many current and future apartment complexes. Long term lease of 10 tears with option of 5 years. This place is fully card operated and can be easily managed from home with one visit per week.
- Autonomous auto repair – “Busy Five Bay, independent auto repair company located on a main road in the city of Alexandria. Densely populated high income neighborhood. This store remains busy with a healthy fleet business as well as regular and new customers. Priced at just $ 150,000.
- Hairdressing salon for sale – “Established for more than 32 years, including 17 with the current owner. Located in a shopping center anchored in a big brand grocery store. Good demographics. Exclusive in the mall for hair and nail operations, but focus on hair services right now. The staff and the vendor will stay if the new owner wishes. Currently running 5 days but can extend to 6 or 7 days to increase revenue. Excellent opportunity for owner operators and / or investors.
- Nice hair and nail spa for sale / reduced price – “Good opportunity !!! Serious inquiries only. Beautiful and well established Hair & Nail Spa for sale in a very busy mall. Seller is retiring after many successful years in the business. Beautiful and very efficiently designed. 6 year old spa Established and loyal clientele Reasonable rent and excellent location 10 hairdressing stations, 5 hairdryers, 3 shampoo stations, 8 manicure tables, 8 pedicure chairs, 3 hair removal rooms, 2 hair removal rooms facial, 1 body scrub Lots of room to expand Possibility of growth by improving social media and other marketing and adding massage service.
- Riverview Festival Restaurant – “Located right by a river; Rising demographics as luxury condos appear in a few blocks; The lease is solid and firm; Customers are turned away as the restaurant has become the center of the city’s nightlife culture. Sales are well above the 2019 level. Take your challenge and soar as the opportunity allows many rooms to grow. Created 30 years ago.
- Dry cleaning and laundry near new Amazon headquarters – “! Current well-equipped 5,000 square foot facility (grandfather in area, which normally limits new dry cleaners to 3,000 square feet maximum). Benefits from 11 inch high ceilings in production and conveying areas. Can easily increase revenue by adding route sales and / or corporate pickup stores or commercial locker locations. The companies are well known and well respected in their market area.
- Quick and casual dinner and take out MRB VA 1017 – “Quick and relaxed dinner at a take-out Mexican restaurant in a high traffic mall.” This restaurant needs an updated menu with a handy owner to manage day to day business and take this place to the next level. The current Mexican menu can be changed to accommodate most concepts. Excellent layout for almost all types of fast food. All furniture, accessories and equipment are in perfect working order.
- Charcuterie 30 years – “Clean and well-run deli in an office park with schools and health facilities as neighbors. The business was operated by mail order for several years and generated a profit of $ 45,000 + for the owners. An owner-operator can expect to earn more than $ 90,000.
- Specialty pizza in a high income, high volume area – “A neighborhood success around its high-quality stone oven with a range of alternative Mediterranean dishes, sandwiches and desserts. The owner has created several of these locations in Northern Virginia and is willing to spin this one to fend for itself while he focuses on maturing others.
- Quick and casual dinner MRB VA 1017 – “Quick and relaxed dinner at a take-out Mexican restaurant in a high traffic mall.” This restaurant needs an updated menu with a handy owner to handle day to day business and take this place to the next level. The current Mexican menu can be changed to accommodate most concepts. Excellent layout for almost all types of fast food. All furniture, accessories and equipment are in perfect working order.
- Profitable sandwich shop in prime location MRB VA 1013 – “This profitable turnkey grocery store in a prime location in Alexandria, Virginia is for sale to any qualified buyer. Surrounded by shops and residential on a main road with heavy pedestrian traffic. This restaurant is very followed and highly rated on Google reviews. The restaurant was completely renovated in 2016 with all new high-end furniture, accessories and equipment. The current owner has an average cash flow of $ 50,000 plus a salary while working limited hours. To do with family circumstances, the owner must sell. We are now looking for a new owner / operator to take this business to the next level.
- Award-winning pastry, café and catering – “Business is booming while life is getting back to normal!” Mother’s Day 2021 was a record selling day for this pastry and cafe. In March 2020, owners received 3 written letters of intent to purchase but did not sell as Covid took hold and the whole country closed. However, Covid had not prevailed, and this 32-year-old neighborhood bakery and cafe is standing tall with sales rebounding quickly. Owing to its fiercely loyal customer base and growing economic optimism, owners are confident that 2021 sales will easily overtake 2020, which was up 4% from 2019 through the middle of March of their respective years.
- Well-established deli for sale – “Located in a beautiful area, among many loyal customers. Serving over 40 years. Turnkey operation. Is doing pretty well during the pandemic. Lots of room to improve. Currently has no marketing and delivery service. Do not serve beer and wine. The seller will train the new owner for a reasonable period of time.
- Laundry / laundromats – “No exceptions, non-disclosure must be signed in an in-person meeting, no signature by email.” We can meet anywhere in Fairfax County to sign an NDA by appointment.
- Absent-Owner Gourmet Pizza & Italian With Loyalty – “This high-visibility restaurant has long been a destination and a neighborhood favorite with locals – it continues to be appreciated as a gourmet take-out option for pizzas and all Italian favorites. Purchased in 2019 as a chef-owned establishment for decades, the new owner invested in a complete turnaround, nearly doubling sales and converting the business model into absentee ownership. The owner has refrained from applying for a PPP or other SBA loans so that the new owner can take advantage of these opportunities.
- Mexican Restaurant in High Traffic Mall – Can Convert! – “Great opportunity to take over an established restaurant in a busy shopping center. The potential for growth is limitless with this well-equipped kitchen and fully furnished space. A new owner could keep it as the current Mexican / Latin restaurant format or convert it into a new concept. The restaurant has excellent reviews online and is very popular with locals in Lorton, Fort Belvior, Springfield and Newington. This opportunity has a selling price and it won’t last long ”
- Auto Garage in Landmark Area – “OWNERSHIP FINANCING !! Auto repair sales only. 3 technicians. Safety inspection / VA emissions. Located in the I-395 / Landmark corridor. Commercial value at $ 325,000 and real estate value at $ 1,850,000.00.
- Taco Place for Sale – “Great location in Alexandria, very favorite Mexican restaurant, nice location, show kitchen with low rent 4800nn, 6 day operation.”
- Asian Restaurant and Sushi Bar for Sale – “Established business for sale. The owner is looking to go out of business. All equipment is owned and in good condition except the dishwasher is rented. The asking price is negotiable, send your offers!
- Two optometry practices – “Two established optical / optometry stores for sale. Both locations have street visibility, are located in upscale areas of the city, and have high sales and cash flow. “