The 5th Annual POSiBLE LA Entrepreneur Expo Virtually Returns to Continue Helping Local Latin American Business Owners Launch, Support and Grow Their Businesses Beyond the Pandemic
LOS ANGELES–(COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Univision Los Angeles announced its 5th annual POSiBLE LA Entrepreneur Expo, an event created to empower Latin American small business owners to adapt and grow their businesses. This year, POSiBLE LA will come back virtually and will continue to focus on helping Latino business owners launch, maintain and grow their businesses beyond the pandemic. The free two-day event will take place Thursday, June 10 and Friday, June 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT each day. To pre-register for this informative event and to view the full program and list of speakers, visit https://www.posiblela.com/.
Wells Fargo returns once again as Main Sponsor with Tito’s Handmade Vodka signing for the third year as Silver Sponsor. POSiBLE LA content partners include the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the City of Los Angeles Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
“Latino small business owners have suffered disproportionately during the pandemic by not having access to the small business loans essential to their survival, âsaid Luis PatiÃ±o, president and CEO of Univision Los Angeles. “They are launching businesses faster in all industries and need the financial resources to help them keep their businesses going after a difficult year for so many. Through POSiBLE, local Latino entrepreneurs can learn strategies and acquire new skills to help them support and grow their business.
“Wells Fargo is excited to return for our fifth year of supporting POSiBLE, âsaid Patty Juarez, National Diversified Segments Leader for Commercial Banking, Wells Fargo. “As we have seen, Latin American small business owners have been severely affected by the pandemic. At Wells Fargo, our goal is to provide assistance to these small business owners through our financial tools and events such as POSiBLE. ”
POSiBLE LA attendees will hear top entrepreneurs and self-employed professionals explain how to plan, finance, structure, grow and start their own businesses. Speakers and sessions include:
- El Paso Mas Important: You Plan of Negocios (The most important step: your business plan) – Moderated by Liliana Garcia, POSiBLE radio host, this discussion will provide a basic guide on how to create a business plan, including calculating a initial budget and creating a spreadsheet.
- La Nueva Economia and Tu Negocio: Estrategias y Herramientras Financieras (The new economy and your business: financial strategies and tools) – Moderated by Gabriela Teissier, host of Univision 34, this panel will explore the tools and resources needed to succeed in the long term in this ânew normalâ. Topics will include financial strategies, how to access money for your small business, and more.
- “From Estudiante to Inversionista” (Student to Investor) – Presented by financial expert Julie Stav, this interactive session will focus on the importance of investing, how to make your money work for you, what applications are needed for investing and strategies to adapt to the new economy in a simple step-by-step manner.
- From Asalariado to Empresario: Inicia Tu Negocio Con $ 100 (Employee to Entrepreneur: Start Your Business with $ 100) – Presented by successful entrepreneur Carlos Marquez, the session will discuss the basic tools needed to move from working for someone else to managing your own business.
- Herramientas Digitales: Como Crecer Tu Negocio en Linea (Digital Tools: How to Grow Your Online Business): Yarel Ramos, Edicion’s digital anchor, along with digital platform experts, will discuss how to grow your business online and connect with more consumers.
- Fortalece Tu Negocio Pospandemia (Strengthen Your Business After The Pandemic) – Presented by the City of Los Angeles Department of Economic Development and Workforce, this session will cover how to get financial help to keep a strong and resilient business, access to city and state capital, programs and resources for post-pandemic sustainability. POSiBLE radio host Liliana Garcia will be joined by Rosa Penaloza, City of Los Angeles, Department of Economic and Workforce Development, Ruben SÃ¡nchez, Los Angeles Business Source Center and Marlen Lara, Los Angeles Business Source Centers.
Once registered, participants will be emailed a unique link to access the Expo.
Visit corporate.univision.com for more information on Univision and follow @UnivisionPRTeam on Twitter and Instagram.
About Univision Communications Inc.
As the leading Spanish-language content and media company in the United States, Univision Communications Inc. entertains, informs and empowers American Hispanics with news, sports and entertainment content on broadcast and television platforms. cable, audio and digital. The company’s top-rated media portfolio includes broadcast networks Univision and UniMÃ¡s, as well as 10 cable networks, including GalavisiÃ³n and TUDN, the country’s leading Spanish-language sports network. Locally, Univision owns or operates 61 television stations in major Hispanic markets in the United States. Additionally, Uforia, the home of Latin music, features 58 owned or operated radio stations, a series of live events, and a strong digital audio footprint. The company’s leading digital assets include Univision.com, free AVOD streaming service PrendeTV, Univision Now, the largest network of Hispanic influencers, and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit corporate.univision.com.